Mapping & Marketing Assistant Intern
Mapping & Marketing Assistant; Part-time Student Position
Undergraduate Research & Fellowships
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Position Duration: Fall 2023, beginning August 22nd, 2023, and ending December 14th, 2023.
Number of Work Hours per Week: Approximately 10; Can be a hybrid of in-person and remote work
Undergraduate Research & Fellowships Mapping & Marketing Assistant will make meaningful contributions to the URF Experiences Map and URF’s online branding via their social media.
- Improve and update the current URF Experiences Map using ESRI StoryMap and WordPress
- Assist in the collection and organization of undergraduate research and fellowships data using Excel and Google Forms
- Clean data where necessary using Excel
- Contribute to the continued expression of URFs online brand.
- Photograph undergraduate researchers across campus (schedule, stage, shoot, and edit photos)
- Write copy for Instagram and LinkedIn posts
- Create and design informative, inspirational, and visually appealing social media posts using Canva
- Schedule posts for optimal times based on audience and platform using Hootsuite
- Present work and data to URF staff (as needed)
- Assist with Undergraduate Research & Fellowships events (as needed)
Through these responsibilities the Data Analysis Assistant will gain career competencies including:
Career & Self Development - Display curiosity; seek out opportunities to learn.
Communication - Employ active listening, persuasion, and influencing skills. Communicate in a clear and organized manner so that others can effectively understand.
Critical Thinking - Proactively anticipate needs and prioritize action steps.
Equity and Inclusion - Keep an open mind to diverse ideas and new ways of thinking.
Leadership - Use innovative thinking to go beyond traditional methods.
Professionalism - Prioritize and complete tasks with attention to detail to accomplish organizational goals.
Teamwork - Listen carefully to others, taking time to understand and ask appropriate questions without interrupting.
Technology - Quickly adapt to new or unfamiliar technologies.
Must be a current UTK student. Prefer majors in GIST, geography, or other majors with relevant experience; Helpful to have a course in GIS such as GIS Project Management (416) and understanding of excel software; High level of skill with ESRI StoryMaps and ability to learn other technologies such as WordPress, Canva, and Hootsuite; Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills; Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential as is the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “URF Intern Application – Last Name”
Application Deadline: Monday, August 15, 2023