User Experience (UX) Design Internship
The College of Communication and Information’s (CCI) Office of Communications and Marketing is seeking a spring 2023 intern. The intern will have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment, engage with another C&M team intern, and work on a final project for a professional portfolio. The intern will also receive professional development opportunities with CCI’s Office of Career Development throughout the 12-week internship.
Our Team: CCI’s Office of Communications and Marketing enthusiastically promotes research, scholarship, and creative activity of the College of Communication and Information and its students, faculty, and staff to internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communications channels. Our team works alongside the college and its units to plan and execute communications that advance CCI and the university’s strategic focus areas. The office oversees the college website, manages the college’s social media presences, writes and distributes news to internal and external audiences, supports college outreach events, assists the college and its units with video and photography projects, and develops and implements a variety of strategic communication initiatives to further the mission and vision of the college and university.
Position: User Experience (UX) Design Internship
Work Hours: Approximately 10-20 hours per week for 12-weeks in fall 2023. Internship to begin the week of September 4, 2023.
Work may include, but is not limited to:
- Creating site navigation and information architecture frameworks
- Designing wireframes and prototypes
- Conducting competitor research
- Creating UX research surveys and tests
- Conducting user testing with real users
- Analyzing testing results and writing report(s) and creating presentations for stakeholders
- Junior, senior, or graduate student at the University of Tennesse, Knoxville
- Basic general knowledge of UX Design principles, including: information architecture, how to conduct UX research and testing, and familiarity with human-computer interaction and usability theories/practices
- Familiarity with at least one wireframing/prototyping tool such as Balsamiq, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Familiarity with best SEO practices
- Familiarity with using and interpreting Google Analytics
To Apply: Apply in headshake at August 11. Interviews begin the week of August 14.