Student Recruitment Coordinator
The W. P. Carey School of Business seeks a Student Recruitment Coordinator to join our collaborative Recruitment and Admission team of the Graduate Programs Office. Under the direction of the recruitment leadership team, the Student Recruitment Coordinator supports the execution of recruitment and yield activities for our suite of graduate programs, certificates and credentials including the W. P. Carey MBA and Specialized Masters programs. The Student Recruitment Coordinator often serves as the first contact for prospective students, therefore will be a service-oriented effective communicator with the ability to provide information and qualify prospective applicants in a fast and friendly manner. The Student Recruitment Coordinator is a critical role in the team as they will support the execution and operations of every strategic facet of the recruitment and yield process.
Advising & Admissions
WPC GPO Dean
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$42,000 - $45,000 per year; DOE
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills by responding to prospective student inquiries via outbound phone calls, emails and texts.
- Maintains a working knowledge of graduate programs portfolio to properly advise and connect prospective students.
- Connects interested candidates to graduate program recruiter’s dependent upon program/area of interest.
- Coordinates and executes logistics for on campus and off-campus recruiting events which could include creation of event programs and agendas, preparation of materials, pre and post event attendee communication.
- Efficiently executes campaigns by phone or other communication methods as directed.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Days and Schedule: Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with potential extended hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in a higher education admission and/or recruitment environment is preferred.
- Evidence of effective communications including spelling and grammar.
- Experience in CRM systems such as PeopleSoft and Salesforce.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including spreadsheets, presentations and documents.
- Evidence of ability to successfully perform detail-oriented tasks.
- Experience in being able to self-direct once projects are identified and perform as a high-functioning team member in a position that requires flexibility and resiliency.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.