Business Communications Intern
CHS has an exciting opportunity on our CHS Communications team. We are seeking a Communications Intern to support our business communications team, which serves the CHS product lines across energy and agriculture, as well as the operations and transportation organizations. You will participate in creating communications and working on projects that support these businesses and product lines, including newsletters, websites, content creation and more. You must be detail-oriented, independent, and creative with excellent communications skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Work with business communications team on communications projects across the energy and agriculture businesses and operations and transportation organizations.
- Help manage communications projects, helping keep projects on deadline and on budget.
- Write and design for online and print.
- Help create content, which may include writing stories, developing digital content, customer communications, taking photos, and more.
- Participate and lead special projects, which may include working on the CHS intranet, analyzing communications effectiveness, creating slide libraries or development and execution of various communications projects.
- Work 30-40 hours a week.
- Able to travel for assignments as needed
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Working towards a degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, leadership, business, agricultural journalism/communications or a related degree
- Experience leading projects or groups
- Experience in Powerpoint
- Writing samples will be requested
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Background or coursework in agriculture
- Published writing samples
- Experience working on websites
- Basic experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Based in Twin Cities or able to travel to Twin Cities 2-3 days/week
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.