Ag Marketing Intern
CHS has an exciting opportunity for a summer ag marketing intern to work within the CHS marketing department. This role will support marketing efforts for grains, processing, animal nutrition, CHS Hedging and global research within CHS. This internship will provide a diverse experience within the marketing field as part of the nation’s largest cooperative.
This intern will serve as a valued member of the team, participating and/or leading a variety of projects in the following categories: advertising, marketing, customer engagement, radio, trade shows, web sites and digital media. You must be detail-oriented, independent, and eager to learn with excellent communications skills and the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently. This position will have a hybrid structure, spending 2-3 days based at CHS in Inver Grove Heights, MN and 2-3 days working remotely.
- Work alongside ag marketing team to support marketing campaigns and programs aligned with business objectives and strategies
- Provide support in the creation, publication and communication of important marketing materials, such as sales sheets, product guides and other strategic support materials. Partner with external design vendor to execute on development of these materials. Utilize personal graphic design skills to develop select materials.
- Support digital marketing channels, including select Facebook, Twitter and website accounts, assist in aggregating and analyzing metrics and offering recommendations to increase effectiveness of efforts
- Lend support for business-specific ag tradeshow event planning
- Provide project management support through status tracking, contributing to and ensuring progress on business marketing activities
- Write and design communications, newsletter stories or related content for online and print
- Engage with external vendor partners through ongoing marketing efforts
- Adhere to established approval processes to ensure content meets business objectives and regulatory requirements, follows appropriate editorial style guidelines and meets brand standards.
- Collaborate with individuals across the internal marketing and communications teams to execute on initiatives
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Working toward a degree in marketing, communications, leadership, business or another related degree area
- Experience working with student organizations, event planning and/or communications
- Ability to work both independently and alongside a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign
- Background or interest in agriculture
- Prior internship or work experience
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.