General Military Intelligence Analyst
- This is a developmental position, hiring at the GG-07/09 grade level, with a full performance level (FPL) to the grade GG-12.
- Serves as General Military Intelligence Analyst for various disciplines including threat analysis and projection of land-warfare forces and operations within an assigned geographical and functional area.
- Conducts research and analysis of foreign military forces, operations, capabilities, and trends to support all-source intelligence and threat production.
- Analyzes intelligence information to assess developments, trends, and threat implications within assigned geographical and functional area.
- Applies knowledge of intelligence, threat analysis, forecasting, and\or other analytical methodologies.
- Stays informed of military, political-military, technical, and other developments within assigned area to conduct valid threat assessments.
- Maintains close liaison with counterparts in other government agencies and ensures coordination with other analysts in the U.S. Army National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC).
- Identifies intelligence gaps and problems in collecting information and recommends corrective action to supervisor or senior analyst.
- Prepares all-source intelligence products and responses on complex issues to fulfill Department of Army (DA), Department of Defense (DoD), and national-level intelligence requirements.
- Ensures the finished product is consistent with applicable NGIC and Army intelligence positions and policies.
Specialized Experience &Minimum Qualifications
Applicants must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position.
Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilitiesnecessary to successfully perform the dutiesof the position. Such experience is typically in or directly related to the work of the position to be filled.
- Specialized experience is defined as experience investigating intelligence issues for an assigned subject area; applying established research and data analysis methodologies; integrating results from analytical methods employed to produce preliminary assessment.
- Research, collection, and analysis
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Oral and written communication
- Production, collaboration, and dissemination
Qualifications for the GG-07/09 grade level: To qualify applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS/GG-05/07). For further details on the specific occupational series requirements, please go the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data- oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule- qualification-standards/#url=List-by- Occupational-Series