Junior Sous Chef at CUT Restaurant by Wolfgang Puck
Free Parking (if available)
Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
Competitive Pay Rates
401k Plan and after 1 year up to 3% Match
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holidays, Sick and more) Complimentary Room Nights- up to 12
Restaurant Discount- 50% off F&B
Complimentary Meal during your shift
Life Insurance and AD&D
Complimentary Short-Term Disability
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Tuition Reimbursement up to $500 per year
A clear career pathway - career advancement opportunities
Relationship Hospitality. It’s in the genes. Some just have it; a natural desire to deliver meaningful and heartfelt experiences. It’s a calling. At Rosewood Hotel Group we work instinctively and from the heart, to master and elevate our craft. Together, we push the boundaries to impart magic into every day. We care for people, and make it our purpose to build long-lasting, genuine relationships. Here, we do what we were born to do. Here, we answer The Calling.
Junior Sous Chef at CUT Restaurant by Wolfgang Puck at Rosewood Washington DC
The Junior Sous Chef has a supportive role in the kitchen in all aspects of ensuring the quality and preparation of all menu items and proper handling/ storage of all food items in accordance with standards.
Ensures that the function provides the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins, maximize guest satisfaction and food profitability control. Train, motivate, develop & sustain the required standards and will be responsible for inventory, kitchen staff management and food preparation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Review the daily activities and menus; check the following: Forecasted covers for each Outlet and Catering activity
- Assist Executive Sous Chef with Purchases and invoices
- Ensure that recipes, production schedules, prep lists, photographs are current and posted.
- Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
- Be aware of any shortages and make arrangements before the item runs out.
- Inspect the cleanliness of the line, floor, walk-ins, reach-ins, freezers, dry storage, and all kitchen stations during and after service; direct staff to rectify any deficiencies.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food and labor costs.
- Assist with training of new cooks and help Executive Chef evaluate performance in the kitchen and make suggestions wherever necessary.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with associates, guests and vendors.
- Assist with receiving and properly labeling, rotating and storing of product upon delivery.
- Coach and mentor associates to ensure high engagement levels, people development and highest associate retention to strengthen the company culture.
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to property recipes and standards.
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions to improve the environment and menus.
- Assist with daily shift briefings to kitchen and stewarding associates.
- Ensure all kitchen associates are aware of standards and expectations, including butchers, cooks, tournants and stewards.
- Support Outlet Managers by keeping open lines of communication regarding guest and kitchen feedback
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
*The list of responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by this position. The company reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.
- Experience: Minimum two years' culinary experience for a 4- or 5-star hotel or restaurant.
- Education: High School Diploma/ equivalent education required. Formal culinary training is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Schedule: Flexible availability is required for this position to include days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Technical Skills: Ability to enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures with all kitchen associates; ability to prioritize, organize and delegate work assignments; ability to direct performance of kitchen associates and follow up with corrections where needed; ability to motivate kitchen staff and maintain a cohesive team; ability to promote positive work relationships with service associates and other departments; ability to ascertain staff training needs and provide such training; ability to work well under pressure of organizing and attaining production schedules and timelines; ability to maintain good coordination; ability to transport cases of received goods to the workstations; ability to transport pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line; ability to work varies shifts, work in a noisy and sometimes close conditions; ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved; ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards is met; ability to differentiate dates; ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions; ability to plan and develop menus and recipes; ability to expand and condense recipes; ability to perform job functions without direct supervision; ability to ensure security of kitchen access, products and hotel.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting of supplies, restaurant equipment, furniture, plates and flat ware. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, ability to stand stationary for long periods of time; able to reach up and down to lift, pull, push a minimum of 35 pounds.
- Licenses & Certifications: Valid ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certificate.
Rosewood Washington DC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and applicants are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to starting employment. In accordance with the law, Rosewood Washington DC will accommodate employees who cannot be administered the COVID-19 vaccine for medical or religious reasons, and applicants should contact the Director of Talent and Culture if they have questions about this requirement or wish to request an accommodation.