Amusement Park Operations Division Intern
If you want to learn operations, people skills, and business leadership, this is your opportunity! This position offers many demanding challenges in a fun and engaging atmosphere. The person in this position will assist the department director with administrative tasks for the Rides, Admissions, Aquatics, Park Services, Security and Entertainment departments. The intern will be introduced to many aspects of theme park operations, from personnel management to day-to-day processes and office administration. The intern will be part of the planning, preparing, and executing a full theme park season. The intern will be able to develop leadership, communication, and management skills by collaborating with department management, leadership, employees and guests.
The unique nature of a theme park offers experience in areas applicable to any business and valuable experience in a fun and rewarding industry.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison with People & Organization (HR) and assist the Operations Management team with onboarding and training team members, reviewing active team member lists for accuracy and ensuring staffing needs are met.
- Ensure accurate time records are maintained for in/out punches, breaks, and disputes.
- Oversee attendance tracking for all Operations team members and administer team member counseling when appropriate.
- Ensure team member schedules are completed on time and meet all scheduling and budget guidelines. Assist with approving time off, shift trade and switch requests.
- Ensure documents, including training logs, downtime occurrence reports, checklists and employee records, are accurate and maintained per policy.
- Provide administrative support for the Operations departments, including purchasing and budget tracking.
- Connect with Supervisors to provide daily management, personnel, and operational support.
- Identify opportunities for improving department operations and realizing efficiencies.
- Participate in social activities with over one hundred international college students.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 applications, including Excel, Word Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborate and work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage stress
- Confident when troubleshooting and problem solving
- Fast, intuitive learner with excellent listening skills
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work outside in all summer weather conditions
- Independent, resourceful worker
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Business Management; Hospitality Management; Event Management; General Business; Finance; Management; Marketing; any major that deals with people or leadership.
April/May–August/September 2024. Weekends only April-May, full time between Spring and Fall semesters, and optional weekends only after the Fall semester begins. Flexible dates are available.
- Competitive pay rate, plus bonuses
- Housing available
- Uniforms provided
- 45-50 hours a week during park season, no time-and-a-half
- Must be able to commit to working a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Students selected for this position will work 500-700 hours during the spring and summer
- Free admission to park on days off and access to friends & family tickets